Monday, January 2, 2012

"So Fucking Purple"

That is a quote. A direct, precise, and completely accurate quote. Just can't remember who said it...Chaseycakes, I think...It was her drink.


Apparently last night was color-themed...and lime wedge themed? Why the fuck does everything have a lime wedge garnish? Despite not having lime in it!? (Damn, I need an interrobang key. Someone should get on that.)

But, I digress. Some of the things (appropriately) said about this "beverage":

"Same color as dimatapp!"
(None of us is a child, or foolish enough to have one, so no dimatapp was on hand...It was however only slightly more purple than the grape flavored Delsyum cough syrup included in the photo for reference.)
"This is the taste of purple. Proportions: evil + evil = evil."
"It's like you've distilled 'purrpal draank' and Dimetapp into a cocktail...You made a drink that tastes like things of my childhood!"

This was certainly not an example of my best cocktail handywork...wasn't meant to be, really. I was asked for a purple drink, and when I innocently joked that I could put purple kool-aid in it, I was brutally challenged that I likely did not even have purple kool-aid on hand, and then practically DARED to use it. This was both foolish (how could I NOT have kool-aid on hand?) and impossible to resist. As a result, the Purple Nasty was born.

1 1/2 oz. Pama
1 1/2 oz. Chambord
1 oz Vodka
1/2 oz. Whipped Cream vodka (because we wanna keep this shit classy)
A gentle sprinkling of grape kool-aid powder

The most awesome part? I tried to take it away from Chaseycakes, but she insisted on drinking it. She also redubbed herself "Biggie-C" while drinking it. Really good Science often involves making up new names for yourself and your loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. You will also notice more chaos in the picture, not one of mine. I usually try to hide the reality...

    ReplyDelete